Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Pet peeve..

When someone automatically shortens someones name.. Some people know I hate it when you call me Steph.. My name is Stephanie.. Not Steph, Stephy.. or whatever.

And spelling names correctly.. Some people just don't know I guess.

But My son's name is unusual.. and I guess we spell it unusual cause I have problems with it all the time.

But Mckay was so excited when he started middle school cause they got the spelling right on his schedule.

This is one reason we looked for names that people wouldn't shorten, when we named our kids..

Just something to blog about today.

What is your pet peeve.. do you have one or several?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oops... I'm sorry, I'll never call you Steph again. :)

Dawn said...

Oh, I hate when people shorten my kids' names! Ok, I expected it with Christopher but who would have thought Kirsten would be Kirst and Jason would be Jase? It's not as if they're LONG names!

Judy said...

It's hard to know whether it's ok or not when it comes to names. My rule is to call them by their given name and then pay attention to what others call them. My Emily is Em, Miss Em or Miss Emily. SHe has a friend that calls her Emster. LOL Adam is just Adam. What else would they call him - Ad?

Kim said...

You've told me that before and I always type "Steph", but when I say your name it's always Stephanie! LOL I'm just gonna start calling you SHORTY to be safe!!! Both of my girls get their names shortened, but I guess that started with US doing it first! LOL Big hugs to ya, SHORTY!